Sunday, August 06, 2006

mmmm, M&Ms

Do swirling M&M’s really make you want to eat them? Is a kaleidoscope of colourful chocolate what you think of when you hear Iron & Wine? Are Ben and Justin really pleased to have the song they wrote together turned into a commercial for candy coated shells?

I am sure I am not the only person to be turned onto Iron & Wine via the Garden State soundtrack. Seam Beam’s treatment of The Postal Service’s “Such Great Heights” is the kind of song that ended up on every mix I made for everyone in the last few years. So it is no surprise it was co-oped in a commercial. Try this link to view the ad.

Listen ~ Such Great Heights

Music = 5/5 (a perfect song?)

Effectiveness = 2/5 (doesn’t make me want M&Ms, just want to listen to more of Sam’s tunes)

Overall = 4/5 (because I would watch it just for the music)

Buy Iron & Wine or Buy M&Ms

No comments: